Sharing the love of Jesus with those in need
Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven." -Matthew 5:16
What We Do
516 Project, Inc is a Christian based 501c3 non-profit construction ministry based in Fredericksburg, Va. Founded in 2016. Our ministry shares the love of Jesus with people in need. We work with individuals, churches and businesses to impact our community by glorifying God through service.
We are a 100% volunteer operated organization. We would love to have you join us as we serve those in need. While a majority of our workdays are focused around home repairs and construction tasks, there are plenty of other volunteer opportunities available as well. Photography, home visits, material delivery, paperwork, letter writing, marketing etc. Please feel free to contact us for current needs.
What we've been doing lately
November 12, 2020
A few home tips from your friends at 516 Project. As we get into fall / winter, we quickly start thinking of Turkey and Stuffing and presents under the tree. We also start thinking of keeping our home warm and safe for the winter and holidays. Here are a few things to think about this time of year to make sure your home is well maintained and ready for winter.
– GUTTERS Make sure your gutters and downspouts are clear. This one task can save you big $. A clogged gutter can cause damage to your roof, siding and even foundation. Make sure all leaves and debris are cleared out and water runs freely in all gutters and downspouts. Make sure all brackets are secure and there is no gap behind the gutter. Though this can be a simple task to take care of on your own, please use caution since most homes require you to climb a ladder to reach the gutters.
– WINDOWS AND DOORS Check around windows and doors for any gaps. Particularly with older style wood windows the temperature change can cause gaps. Install weather stripping or caulk as appropriate to your situation. You can also get window wrap kits from your local hardware store to help cover any draft points and keep your home warmer.
– HVAVC Make sure to replace the filters for your HVAC system. Typically recommend doing this monthly to ensure efficiency of your system. I’d also consider having ducts cleaned by a professional. This helps eliminate mold and allergens in your home.
– PLUMBING Make sure exterior faucets are off and wrapped with insulation to prevent freezing and busted pipes. Make sure you know where your water shut off is in case a pipe does burst.
– FIREPLACE If you plan to use a wood or gas fire place, have them serviced and cleaned professionally. This helps eliminate harmful gasses getting into your home or possible fire hazards.
While this is certainly not an exhaustive list, these items will help you maintain a safe and efficient home.